Back in February, I extended a challenge for you to participate with me in the Modern Mrs. Darcy “read 12 books in 12 different categories in 12 months.” Well, the challenge is now officially over, how did you do? Me, I am pleased to report that although it came done to the last hours in 2016, I was able to successfully complete the challenge.
Here are my results for the challenge:
- a book published this year – Will It Fly?
- a book you can finish in a day – Growth Hacker Marketing
- a book you’ve been meaning to read – Content Rules: How to Create Killer Blogs, Podcasts, Videos, Ebooks, Webinars (and More) That Engage Customers and Ignite Your Business
- a book recommended by your local librarian or bookseller – The Seventh Sense
- a book you should have read in school – The Scarlet Letter
- a book chosen for you by your spouse, partner, sibling, child or BFF – In Defense of a Liberal Education
- a book published before you were born – Think & Grow Rich
- a book that was banned at some point – Fahrenheit 451
- a book you previously abandoned – My Share of the Task
- a book you own but have never read – From Maine to Mexico: With America’s Private Pilots in the Fight Against Nazi U-Boats
- a book that intimidates you – Democracy and Education
- a book you’ve already read at least one – The Last Lecture
This particular challenge inspired me to read a little more broadly. I am glad that I took up the challenge. I am now looking forward to the next challenge.
I hope that you also enjoyed the challenge! Whether or not you successfully completed the challenge, you took the opportunity to read, and that is what matters. See you at the next challenge?