Anne at Modern Mrs. Darcy has extended a challenge to “read 12 books in 12 different categories in 12 months.” I am accepting the challenge and I encourage you to do the same.
This looks like a fun challenge. You are not just reading anything you want; you have a list of different books that you must complete. On the Modern Mrs Darcy post, you can download a checklist to ensure you read every required book type to meet the challenge.
Here is a list of the books that Anne would like us to read:
- a book published this year
- a book you can finish in a day
- a book you’ve been meaning to read
- a book recommended by your local librarian or bookseller
- a book you should have read in school
- a book chosen for you by your spouse, partner, sibling, child or BFF
- a book published before you were born
- a book that was banned at some point
- a book you previously abandoned
- a book you own but have never read
- a book that intimidates you
- a book you’ve already read at least one
I am really looking forward to this challenge. As I complete each book, you will see what I think about it in a book review. I will refer back to this challenge throughout the year.
When you finish a book, or the series, leave a comment. I would love to see what you are reading. Enjoy the challenge!